What Would You Like To Know?
Hilton Head Plantation
Boating, Golf, Tennis, Leisure Trails
Hilton Head Plantation, the Island’s second largest community, is primarily a full time residential community (without short term rental activity). Located at the Northern area of the island between the Intra-coastal Waterway and Port Royal Sound enjoys approximately 4,000 +/- wooded acres. Residences are mostly free-standing homes on full size or patio type lots. When first developed, there were model homes available for modification. As the community developed, less and less property became available for displaying models. Home styles vary as well as year built. Hilton Head Plantation has approximately 4000 homesites and 500 villas with two 24-hour security gated entrances.
Property Owners Association maintains approximately seventy two miles of roadway as well as the community amenities: pool, recreation areas, conservancies, leisure pats and common buildings.
Plantation Fact Sheet:
Within the plantation you will find legal addresses that break down the community. Some areas have additional amenities as noted below.
- Crooked Pond – pool & tennis for residents
- Rookery – pool for residents
- Seabrook – pool and community dock for residents
- Ribaut Island – pool & tennis & community dock for residents
- The Cypress of HILTON HEAD ISLAND Retirement Community within the gates – offers independent living in homes, villas and apartments as well as continuing care- assisted living facility
- Dolphin Head Recreation Area-playground, basketball, BBQ grills, picnic tables, and sandy beach walking on Pine Island
- Spring Lake Pavilion
- 12 Har Tru tennis courts-teaching Pro and organized events
- 2 bocce courts
- 3 shuffleboard courts
- Surrey Ball Fields – baseball, softball, soccer
- Full service marina – Skull Creek
- Open Space – Acres of unspoiled space available for residents
- Seabrook Farm (rent a plot for a year-comes with water)
- Bluff Walk – leisure path about .9 miles (one way)
- Lakes and Lagoons – primary water source Storm Water Management
- Wildlife habitat
- Catch and release fishing
- Whooping Crane Pond Conservancy
- Cypress Conservancy
- Two mile beach walk @ Dolphin Head Recreational area Pine Island
- Engaging nature trails and boardwalks through woods and marshland
- Spring Lake recreational area
- Clubs – there are many different clubs to accommodate various interests
Private and Semi-Private Clubs:
- The Country Club of Hilton Head Rees Jones designed – full service (semi private) service – dining, tennis, fitness, indoor & outdoor pools
- Oyster Reef Rees Jones designed – semi private
- Bear Creek Gary Player / Ron Kirby designed – private
- Dolphin Head Gary Player / Ron Kirby designed – private
Property listings for Hilton Head Plantation.
Market analysis data for Hilton Head Plantation.
Real Estate Market
Median sale price last 12 mo.
Avg. property tax
Sale price lowest 12 mo.
Sale price highest 12 mo.
Area and Demographic Statistics
This part graphically explains area and demographics stats for Hilton Head Plantation.
|Average value of the dwelling in which household lives||$467,633|
|Avg. years a household has lived in dwelling.||15 years|
This part contains all educational institutions in Hilton Head Plantation.
School Name Phone Type Grades Rating Hilton Head Island Elementary School For The Creat 843-342-4380 Public PK-5 St Francis Catholic School Not Available Private PK-8 Hilton Head Island Early Childhood Center 843-689-0422 Public PK-KG
School Name Phone Type Grades Rating Hilton Head Island Elementary School For The Creat 843-342-4380 Public PK-5 Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School 843-342-4206 Public 1-5 Hilton Head Christian Academy Not Available Private KG-12 St Francis Catholic School Not Available Private PK-8 Hilton Head Island Early Childhood Center 843-689-0422 Public PK-KG
The Best in Hilton Head Plantation
Browse through the top rated businesses in the most popular categories Hilton Head Plantation has to offer.